We recommend that you plan for your Ho Chi Minh City trip. You can refer to our website and some other website to outline a preliminary plan. You should note the main ideas below.
You can apply for a visa at the representative offices of Vietnam in your countries (case 1) or by E-visa (case 1).
Case 1: Please visit the Visa column.
Case 2: Please visit the E-Visa column.
2. Total estimated cost
How much do you intend to spend? For what? (airfare, meals, travel, accommodation, entrance ticket and costs incurred).
You can consult the Wiki column.
Where will you be? Hotels or motels? You can make a reservation through the Stay column
4. What places will you go?
5. What food will you enjoy?
You can consult the Food & Drink column.
IN HO CHI MINH CITY
Roaming into Vietnam if you want to use your previous SIM
Or Buying a SIM of Vietnam's Mobile network operator (MNO) (you should buy at airports).
We encourage you to choose this option because of the convenience and costs much cheaper than the international roaming. The price of SIM just around 50 000 - 100 000 dong (3-5$)
Registering 3G services (or mobile internet services).
If you are using international roaming, you should contact your MNO are using.
If you bought a SIM of Vietnam's MNO, you can self-register or ask the employee of MNO to register.
- Asking the employee of MNO to register: You should ask at the airport.
- Self-register: We encourage you to use the daily 3G or a month, for daily 3G services you have over 1,2GB for use within 24 hours, you should extend daily (systems will auto-extend).
Daily 3G services:
+ For Mobifone: You typing D7 send 999 (7,000 dong, you have 1.2GB to use).
+ For Vinaphone: You typing D2 ON send 888 (10,000 dong, you have 2GB).
+ For Viettel: You typing MT7 send 191 (7000 dong, 1,2GB)
Monthly 3G services:
+ For Viettel: You typing MiMax send 191 (70,000 dong).
+ For Mobifone: You typing MO MIU send 9084 (70,000 dong).
+ For Vinafone: You typing ON MAX send 6088 (70,000 dong).
The above services, we only suggest, to choose suitable services you should ask MNO's employee at the airport or directly ask the operator:
+ Viettel operator : 1800 8198 (free).
+ Mobifone operator: 9393 (for foreigners).
+Vinaphone operator: 9192 (for foreigners, 200 dong/minute).
You should call the operator before registration services.
- Buy 4G Vietnammobile SIM (highly recommend): Only use the internet (no call) no registration needed.
SHOULD AND SHOULDN'T
- Saving the phone number of the embassy (or consulate) of your country in Vietnam.
- An additional copy of passport, travel insurance and air tickets to provide in case of loss.
- If possible, you should learn some basic sentences to communicate in Vietnamese. You can consult the Local Dictionary column.
- Carrying some kind of medicines such as colds, coughs, gastrointestinal disorders, and headaches.
- Carefully store your valuable things in the hotel, regularly checking windows and doors before going out.
- Checking careful papers and money when going out.
- Should not carry large amounts of money and valuables.
- Should not go to deserted places, especially in the evening.
Had you planned for yourself? Let's discover our country, you maybe will recognize the marvelous things! Don't forget we are always with you.
If you have questions? Please contact us at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will answer as soon as possible.